[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]
I had another long drive today, this time without the benefit of a book on tape. So, as I let the radio scan in search of NPR stations to keep me entertained, my thoughts bounced around in a bizarre and random fashion to include these gems:
- Religion is really just about controlling when, how, and why we have sex.
- After catching part of a story about the randomness of the borderline between the US and Mexico: Lines connect but they also separate. If we could only erase all lines (even the invisible ones) maybe we would have more luck getting along with each other as an amorphous mass of living creatures.
- Why don't more people understand that most of the problems in the world come from a small group of people who cannot see beyond their own wallets?
- 5 Hour Energy is really just a jolt of caffeine that tricks you into thinking it lasts longer. For some reason it makes me want to conduct orchestras as I found myself listening to classical music and conducting with my left hand.
- Who pays for all the Jesus/Abortion signs?
- Why don't I like listening to music while I drive anymore? Of course, that changes if it is a truly singable song, but the only ones I want to sing come from my childhood. What does that mean?
- Do I have a sign on my car that says "slow down in front of me" and drive me insane?
There you have it folks. Random thoughts from someone who has been driving too much lately.